NJ Court jury Reporting
A Message From Assignment Judge Deborah Silverman Katz
As a juror you play a critical role in our justice system by assuring that disputes are resolved fairly and impartially. I understand that jury service often is an inconvenience and appreciate your willingness to serve. I am sure that through your experience as a juror, you will gain valuable insights into the operation of our courts.Thank you again for serving.
Note: This same reporting message is also available by calling 856-379-2222. If the reporting message is not available on both the telephone and the internet, you must report to the courthouse at 8:15 A.M.
Failure to Report
Jurors who fail to report as summoned are subject to a $500 fine or may be punished for contempt of court. If held in contempt of court, you may receive up to 6 months imprisonment, a fine of up to $1, 000, or both.
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) Policy
Jurors must wear clothing appropriate for an appearance in court. Shorts, T-shirts, or clothing with statements or offensive symbols are not permitted. In addition, work uniforms, including police uniforms, should not be worn.
- Cell phones and electronic devices must be turned off.
- You are not permitted to read newspapers or others materials.
- You are not permitted to bring food or beverages into the courtroom.
If You Are Selected As A Juror
- The trial judge will instruct you regarding the trial schedule and reporting times.
- You must wear your juror badge at all times including during lunch.
Wireless Internet Service
There is wireless access provided in the Juror Assembly Room.
Other Factors Relating to Your Jury Service
- Parking is available at the corner of 3rd St. and Martin Luther King Blvd., also known as Mickle Blvd. Take MLK Blvd. to 3rd St. and turn right. The parking lot will be on your left. Please have your juror information available to show to the attendant when entering the lot.
- Petit Jurors will receive $5.00 a day for the first three days and $40 per day for each day greater than three days.
- Juror checks are processed every Friday in Trenton and will be received no later than three weeks following service.
- Jurors whose service is rescheduled will receive verification of their new date.
The courthouse is a non-smoking facility. You may smoke outside the main entrance. If you do so, you must inform jury staff so that they are aware of your location at all times. Staff located at the front entrance will show you the designated smoking area.
N.J.S.A. 2B:20-17 protects jurors from employment related retaliation. There are both criminal and civil sanctions. Jury service will not affect your unemployment benefits.
For Courthouse Closings or delayed openings please call (856) 379-2299 or check the judiciary's website at .