Georgia Court Reporters Association
The Georgia Board of Court Reporting requires that all court reporters in the state of Georgia be certified. Certification may be achieved by testing with the National Court Reporters Association or the National Verbatim Reporters Association. After passing a national exam, an applicant may apply for Georgia certification. Previous attainment of a passing score on the NCRA Exam or the NVRA Exam does satisfy the Georgia Board of Court Reporting’s certification requirements.
Eligibility for Certification
Any person who meets the following criteria is eligible for certification as a Georgia court reporter:
- Has attained the age of 18 years of age
- Is of good moral character
- Is a graduate of a high school or has had an equivalent education
- Obtain a passing score on the National Court Reporters Association (NCRA) Examination or the National Verbatim Reporters Association (NVRA) Examination
- Complete and submit to the Board of Court Reporting the Application for Certification
- Complete and submit to the online, open book Board of Court Reporting test
- Attain a passing score on the Georgia test
- Attach the certification fee of $125.00 for processing
- Mail the Exam Passage Verification form directly to the licensing agency, NCRA or NVRA. The Board only accepts the Exam Passage Verification form from the licensing agency.
Applicants who are seeking to regain certification after having their certification revoked for failure to annually renew and/or for failure to complete CE requirements may recertify using the Board’s current certification procedures. An applicant may become certified again no sooner than the first day of April following the date of revocation. Anyone applying for certification reinstatement under such a revoked license must include a $500.00 reinstatement penalty along with the $125.00 application fee.
- Complete and submit to the Board of Court Reporting the Georgia Test
- Attain a passing score on the Georgia Test
- Attach the Reinstatement Penalty of $500.00 and certification fee of $125.00 for processing